Thursday, February 23, 2017

Interviewees/Ideas

     For my first interview as a science writing, I want it to be with someone who I know will show a freshman the respect and time of day that any working individual deserves, as in the past throughout high school I occasionally was not given equal treatment as other professionals due to my experience and age.

     I met Igor Ivanovski at the gym and have many good conversations about his work at Rutgers as a Ph.D student and research assistant in the genetics department at Rutgers.
As he will soon direct me in the right direction to some of his peers that he works with directly, I already have a short list of who I would be interested in interviewing, as their work sounds interesting to me.

     Dr. Marco Azaro, Assistant Research Assistant in the genetics department.
Receiving his Ph.D from Brown University, and currently, works on primer probe pannels for his lab's genotyping platform.

     His previous work also includes his own developed software to generate multiplex PCR primers and to analyze microarray data. That is quite interesting in the sense of how difficult the process of PCR itself is.

     Once I am able to develop my interview questions as detailed as I'd like, I look forward to my meeting of whomever Igor would recommend to me, but Dr. Azaro sounds like a good fit from what I have found online of him so far.

-Wainam

No comments:

Post a Comment